One of my favorite things about the Fire tablet is the easy access it gives me to library books, all from the comfort of my own home!
Using apps like Overdrive (find it here at Amazon) or Libby (which is owned by Overdrive) - along with your library card - gives you access to all the ebooks and audiobooks available from your local library.
But what if your library doesn't offer a very wide range of titles?
Well, there's a solution - and whilst it's not free, it's may be worth it to you if you love to read and want to be able to access the newest and most popular titles.
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via a link on this site, I may receive a small commission. There will be no added cost to you. Thank you!
For just $50 per year (renewable annually) you can become a member of Brooklyn Public Library, no matter what state you live in!
Brooklyn Public Library has a collection of more than 400,000 books, magazines and audiobooks - one of the largest online libraries around!
But not many people realize that they can borrow titles from this collection from out of state!
All you need to do is fill out the form here in order to make an application for a library card.
A library representative will contact you to let you know what to do next.
At the time of writing, there is a lot of demand for the service, so you may need to be patient.
There is also a current offer where young people aged between 13 and 21 can request a free Brooklyn Public Library eCard.
If you - or someone you know - could benefit from this, then they just need to send an email request to email@example.com.
Once your application is approved, you'll receive your library card and will have access to the full collection.
Why not click here to take a look now at what's available?
Renewing your ecard in the future is easy.
All you need to do is email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your library card barcode and a copy of acceptable ID.
The $50.00 non-refundable annual fee is then applied to your account.
I hope you've found this tip helpful.
I ♥ My Fire!
Leave a Comment:I love receiving your comments, but please read the notes below before posting. Thank you!
Thanks for sharing!
- I continue to receive questions I've already answered in my FAQ or in articles on my site. PLEASE check there first!
- All comments are moderated. If you leave the page you won't see your comment until it is approved.
- Select the "Post to Facebook" check box to be notified on FB when a reply has been posted.
- If you scan the previous comments you may find an answer to your question. Click the "View X more" link at the bottom (if visible) to see all comments.
- If you're having trouble accessing my exclusive Kindle Fire articles, please email me directly instead of posting in these comments.